Blood parrots with other cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Somethingclever

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am getting a 50 gallon tank and my fiance wants to get some blood parrots. I was wondering how many can be in my tank, and what other types of cichlids/FW fish can they be with?

I think if you got two and they were a breeding pair and they somehow bred (I don't know, everyone says they're infertile) that'd be really cool-looking! But I think you could keep a school of some of the bigger fish schoolers/shoalers in there like some rainbows. JMO. :)

bruinsbro1997 said:
I think if you got two and they were a breeding pair and they somehow bred (I don't know, everyone says they're infertile) that'd be really cool-looking! But I think you could keep a school of some of the bigger fish schoolers/shoalers in there like some rainbows. JMO. :)

It's only the males that are sterile, the females will lay viable eggs, I've seen them spawn with firemouths, convicts and severums.

In that size tank I would go with 2 and a school of something to help the BP be less timid.

Back
Top Bottom