Blood red parrot behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

akagochi

Aquarium Advice Activist
My blood red parrot for the last few days has had black markings all over his body from rubbing himself on the bottom of the tank and rocks. He does not normally do this to the extent that he ends up looking like he has been swimming in ash but I was wondering if this behavior means something more. He is eating and still defends his little territory from the geo so nothing else has changed there. Your thoughts are welcome. Thanks aquarium friends!

Kagochi

Specs: 125 gal, eheim, fluval, rena,
Albino tiger, geo, chocolate, Severum, parrot.

Could be stress markings, if he is rubbing himself could possibly be ich.

My blood red parrot for the last few days has had black markings all over his body from rubbing himself on the bottom of the tank and rocks. He does not normally do this to the extent that he ends up looking like he has been swimming in ash but I was wondering if this behavior means something more. He is eating and still defends his little territory from the geo so nothing else has changed there. Your thoughts are welcome. Thanks aquarium friends!

Kagochi

Specs: 125 gal, eheim, fluval, rena,
Albino tiger, geo, chocolate, Severum, parrot.

Ive seen the black markings on my blood parrots but i never noticed any stress or rubbing from them. It just comes and goes. They dont look unhappy at all.

Back
Top Bottom