Blue Acara

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gkuzel

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I believe I've fallen in love with a blue Acara at my LFS. I'm not so sure I can have it though. I have a 46 gallon tank, with some large rainbows, (australians) and two keyholes, and other dither fish who can hold their own. No one I'm particularly worried about, Does anyone have any suggestions?!?!

I think you might be ok, possible take out a few dither fish to provide more space, they are very beautiful cichlids

I'm not sure how big your rainbows are or how many you have but with those guys reaching 5" really don't belong in there and everything else in else in a 3ft tank I'd say your done, if you considered upgrading tanks to a larger tank of 4ft to provide more swimming room for the rainbows and the acara.

Thanks guys. I decided against the blue acara, and went with flag fish instead (Lame community) But they do get the shiny blue spots >.< I hate when people over crowd cichlids, I really thought that they stayed on the smaller side like rams. Oh well, for the next tank =)

Back
Top Bottom