Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-19-2018, 09:40 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Blue acara cichlid wont eat

Hello all, I recently bought a electric blue acara about a month ago. It is currently in a 40b community grow out tank with a gold severum, red spotted severum, green terror and a firemouth, all juveniles. It was eating flake food and nls pellets fine, then i introduced it to freeze dried brine shrimp and freeze dried tubifex worms. Now it wont eat the flakes or pellets anymore. What do I do to get it back on pellets and flakes??

I feed them 2 times a day, pellets or flakes in the morning before work and again in the evening after work but the freeze dried food varying only twice a week in the evenings. Everything in the tank is eating like pigs but this one guy. What do i do? Thanks in advance

Old 10-21-2018, 12:16 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Could be picky. Could be beginning signs of an illness. If it's picky then eventually he'll get hungry enough and eat. Cichlids are generally pigs so I'd watch him closely for illness or constipation. Freeze dried food can cause this.

Tags
acara, blue, cichlid, eat, ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com