Blue acara help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

britsmith9211

Aquarium Advice Regular
Why does My male blue acara keeps chasing my female away every time she gets anywhere near him.

I'm not even 100% sure they're male and female. I was given them to me as a possible breeding pair.

How long have you had them? They don't look to have coloured up much and don't look too settled yet. Probably not a M/F pair though. Make sure you have a good lid, hiding places and get some dither fish to calm them. Bleeding Heart Tetras are about your best choice for those, and get 5+

Ok thanks. I've only had them for a couple days so not long. There's slit of rocks and caves so they can defiantly hide.

Ok thanks. I've only had them for a couple days so not long. There's slit of rocks and caves so they can defiantly hide.

Yeah, i looked at the photos again after and realised you have plenty of rocks, just make sure they're arranged so that they can use as caves if need be. And as i say, in my experience the thing that freaks cichlids out the most is a lack of lid, so hopefully you have a proper lid on. They should settle down in a week or so otherwise, but dither fish would help a lot also.

Back
Top Bottom