Blue dempsey and gt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Biff82

Aquarium Advice Regular
Dont suppose anyone could tell me the sex of my fish jus from these pics can they,if not no worrys jus curious. Cheers

Attachments

• image-448388608.jpg
    image-448388608.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 115
  • image-3107329166.jpg
    image-3107329166.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 100
Cheers man. Like i say on the other post,im not looking to breed them just wanting to get to no my fish more,nice to no what you got in the tank

Nice fish dude. I would say the dempsey is a male, but couldn't really say on the green terror.

I'm thinking female on the dempsey. I read you can't go by anal and dorsal fin and that males will have speckles on face while females have merged spots, more blotchy.

oops missed the electric blue part... Sorry, I don't know, but I did read fem pectoral fin s shaped while male's is pointed, but I don't know if that always true.

The Dempsey s a strange mix of a blue gene and a electric so telling sex is gonna be a tough one but I can say that you do have a very unique looking jack.

Oscar_Lover5412 said:
Well, the fish looks to be 3-4 inches long so by then a male would start to develop a hump on his head

I have a 6 inch male with no nuchal hump. That's not a foolproof way to sex a green terror. Better off looking at the other end, not the head.

I have a 6 inch male with no nuchal hump. That's not a foolproof way to sex a green terror. Better off looking at the other end, not the head.

The only green terrors I have had are 3 female and a 4 inch male, they even spawned. But I have no idea what I am going to do with the fry

Back
Top Bottom