blue lobster with Mbuna and syno cats?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have heard stories of it working and some stories of it not working. The big thing is make sure you have plenty of hiding places for when the blue molts. If your cichlids or cats are larger then it probably wont work, but if theyre still small (2" or so) you could probably introduce him now and get away with it.

The syno cats would be safe with mbuna if thats what you meant prolly not with the blue lobster though a they are opportunist and will grab fish or snails or whatever if they get the chance.. if your fish are small they could get eaten especially when they sleep.. if your fish are big they will more then likely at some point in time eat your blue lobster more then likely when it molts.. some cichlid eat crusteceans regularly in the wild... blue lobster is a expensive snack depending on where you get it

I agree with both comments. The blue lobster would really be at risk in a system like that. In addition, even if you were to get a big enough lobster that doesn't bother the fish ( highly unlikely), it may fight with the catfish since they occupy the same area of the tank.

I've had a blue cray fish in my tank for a while now, with no problems. They don't even notice one another. I drop nls h20 wafers to him at night, hunts them out and loves them. Tons of cichlid stones for him to hide in.

Back
Top Bottom