Blue ram pairin charateristics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

askani

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I was wonderin if there are any charateristics that a pair show. Like chasing each other, swimming together or anythign like that~Thanks

I have observed that, my fish will not tolerate others in their space at all unless they are attempting to pair up. When it is getting to be that time when the female is almost ready, my male will quickly chase her everywhere around the tank. The other side of chasing is territorial, and mine usually end the chase quickly at their boundaries, or just spar with each other. A dead sure way to tell that they are a pair(not nessicarily m &f) is if they are picking/cleaning a rock or making a pit to lay eggs.

Hmm I have 4 and only 1 seems to chase the others around the others dont seem really aggresive against others. Is it a sex thing maybe? Are males more aggresive over territory than females?Or is he a rebel lol :D

I have three, two are males and one is a female. One male is more dominant than the other and will chase him around. The dominant male and female stay close by each other most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom