Blue ram tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xsryman

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I am wanting to add 1-2 more fish to my 20gal ram tank. So far I have 2 gbr and 5 endler tetras. I was thinking to add a couple more fish to my tank without it turning into a royal rumble. I have heard people keep mentioning apistos so googled that and they are really cool fish. Could I add these with the gbr's? If not maybe 1 Angel fish? If not that either then what recommendations do you guys have?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I wouldn't add much else is it a 20 high or 20 long? I would add 3 more endler tetras. Then maybe a few oto cats like 4 or another school of small fish like cherry barbs. I would do like 5 if you add the barbs.

e6e2uhyp.jpg

It is a 20H

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

In thinking apisto's and rams would meet on the battlefield for the gnarliest of showdowns. Cory's? Boom! Done. I have a fleet of 6 habrosus in my 20 tall. They're the best! They'd keep that sand nice and clean too.

That is a gorgeous tank! I think you want more movement though correct? If you do look into small schooling fish like the cherry barbs or maybe cardinal tetras they will add color and more movement.

What about a school of Harlequin Rasbora's? I love mine, very colourful once settled and mature and relatively active.

They would work as well and they do look amazing! The Trooper has a good idea with the rasboras.

They would work as well and they do look amazing! The Trooper has a good idea with the rasboras.
The Rasboras are cool so are the cherry barbs but my LFS doesn't stock them. I will have to maybe look online. I have 6 pepper corys in my other tank. I've had them for almost 2 years when i cycled my very first tank. I like those little guys a lot.
:popcorn:

I wouldn't add much else is it a 20 high or 20 long? I would add 3 more endler tetras. Then maybe a few oto cats like 4 or another school of small fish like cherry barbs. I would do like 5 if you add the barbs.

I agree with this. A 20 is a bit small for an angel. What about a male betta or a dwarf gourami ?

I like gouramis. That's what this tank was originally going to be was dwarf blue gouaramis but I got side tracked at the lfs and came home with these rams cause they looked super cool. I think i will add 1 gourami...or should they be in pairs?

The Ram be fine with the gormis I have a tank and I set up the has two blue rams and I do powder blue gormis

yeah the powder blue's are cool looking. I will def check into them. Does male or female make a diff as far as aggression goes?

Once they reach sexual maturity they will eventually kill/stress each other over territory. 20 gallons isn't enough for two males.

Back
Top Bottom