Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-05-2004, 08:50 PM   #11

Well, They sure seem to have adjusted quickly to my tank. I was just putting some freeze-dried tubifex in there, and they started eating it right out of my hand, literally. I was putting in pinches and squzzing it to re-hydrate it, and up they come, pulling bits right out from between my fingers!

However, there seems to be a good bit of chasing, flaring, and even some biting, though no wounds or ragged fins.
Are they just working out a pecking order?
anything I should be concerned about?
Old 02-05-2004, 08:54 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

*giggle* Brazen lil buggers aren't they? My Bolivians are stalking the angelfish fry in the tank. I know I should feel bad but...its pretty funny *grin*

Mine are forever chasing each other around the tank and nipping; atm yours are probably setting up territories. Sounds like theres a good chance you've at least once pair in there since they're so serious about it! And despite all the aggression, I have yet to see a split fin or any wounds in my tank.

*glares at Terry and QTOFFER*

Card carrying member of FTAS & GCAS.
Allivymar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 01:39 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

yeah, mine do the same thing. constantly. i don't worry unless one is looking harasses. like the other day, one of my females wasn't looking her best, so i moved her to the other tank and she colored up right away. mostly, they're just obnoxious little buggers to each other.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:33 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to mgkaelen
i have 2 rams (one m and one f) in hopes of breeding them but they don't seem too interested... i've heard they're very finnicky but they're happy as can be in my tank, don't but the rest of my tank, and eat anything that's put in front of them. and they're beauties!
1 gold gourami
2 african frogs

freshwater, 10g
live plants
1 otocinclus

125 gallon empty
mgkaelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 11:41 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

I have two rams, slightly over an inch long. They have been in a community tank for a year now. They are great fun to watch with their tiny mouths and funny "mohawks". I believe I have two males and would love to get more, but I have not seen this type of ram at the LFS.

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue ram, blue rams, rams

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com