Blue rams... Sex?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schoeplein

Aquarium Advice Addict
From what I've read, it seems I managed to pick up four females. Their anal fins are all short of the tailfin, rounded, dorsal fins are also uniform and rounded. They're also pretty young. The other three are slightly smaller than this one, and they all generally get along without bothering anyone else. Can't be sure until they mature a little more, but...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1400812458282.jpg
    1400812458282.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 126
Easiest way to identify a female German Blue Ram is by the pink belly. All female GBR of a somewhat mature age will have them unless they are in poor condition and no color is showing at all. Really easy to identify females in these fish.

Would it be OK to keep 4 females in one tank, assuming they all end up being female...

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You shouldn't have any problems with that. It's when they pair up is when they start causing problems. If there is nobody to pair up with, all should be good.

Those Ram's look wild-"ish" or more natural looking. I have a natural pair that looks great in a planted tank.

Looks like your question has been answered, I just wanted to comment on how beautiful your Ram is! :)

All four look just like em. The other three are a tad smaller and less concerned about territory. None of them give any cares about the other tank mates. They're mindful of their surroundings - danios and tetras are bullish, dwarf gourami are crazy timid. These guys don't even flinch when I get near the tank. Danios and tetras dart away, but then remember I might be bringing them food. DG's hide if they hear me in the other room!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom