Blue rams that arrived very cold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katieindixie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I ordered some rams who were unfortunately subjected to very cold temps in shipping. The other fish that were shipped with them didn't make it and arrived doa. I warmed them up and they have made it so far but now are flashing. There are no symptoms I can see other than flashing. I have started raising the temperature. What should I aim for? What about adding salt or giving them a salt dip? I'm sure the freezing cold totally hurt their immune system. Any advice would be appreciated. I have tons of stuff, metro flakes I could feed or metro I can add to their water, etc but would appreciate some advice. Thanks!

ph 7.4
nitrates 10
nitrites 0
ammonia 0
tank is over a year old
I test water weekly
do weekly water changes.

I'd slowly raise the temp to 82. If they're in a quarantine tank then aquarium salt definitely wouldn't hurt. I'd then start offering food and observing. If they're still flashing in a couple of days then you start with the meds. I'd try to keep things as "natural" as possible until they settle down and acclimate to their new environment.

Back
Top Bottom