Bolivian cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chenay83

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just ordered two Bolivian cichlids. Anyone have any tips? Any at all would be welcomed!!!

Its a 20 gal thats been cycled, but its bare becauwse I didn't know what I was going to put in it.

They need hiding spots and cover so some plants, fake or real. Get some rocks to build them a cave to call home or something cave like. I know German blue rams are pretty timid, not so sure about bolivians, so it's recommended to get some calm schooling fish in with them which helps them feel secure and out of hiding. I have cardinal tetras in with my German blues, you want to avoid hyper fish.

I have a piece of PVC pipe for my Bolivian ram. He loves it. And made a couple caves as well

I was thinking about putting them in my other 20gal but there are 5 guppies, 6 platies, and 4 cories and 4 algea eaters in it. Would that be too much?

Yeah, I think I better put them in the other tank. I just realized how many fish I actually have in that one tank.

Back
Top Bottom