Bolivian Ram pics...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwell1295

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Here are a few pics of my head Bolivian. There are 2 others in the tank, but he is the boss. It's rare to be able to get a profile shot of him. He is so nosy that every pic I had was him looking into the camera. I can take a pic of another fish without him being in it.....looking at me.

img_655049_0_1a7a8731bdebde20b818623f4c68d405.jpg

img_655049_1_3b61ad5a9bf0eadc763dbe5da3dad12f.jpg

img_655049_2_efe9a589787dbc54aac3639f4f5ddd4e.jpg

Lovely fish. I hope to get a pair for my 20g hex. Either Bol Rams or some GBR's depending on which I can find.

What type of substrate are you using? It looks good.

Great looking rams.... Once they start growing, and become mature, the reds and blues in the fins are going to be really awsome. Good job... :)

The white stripe on his pectoral fins is kinda cool. I can also see the red starting to show in his dorsal and tail fins. They are also geting loger at the tips.

Burks said:
What type of substrate are you using? It looks good.

I was JUST wondering the same thing actually. I have always had a darker substrate but have decided that it is time for a change. I wanted to go with maybe a lighter colored sand to the point where it was almost white but the substrate pictured above looks like the stuff I would use in the setup that I want to create.

OK, I'm sorry if this sounds ignorant, but what is the difference between Bolivian Rams and German Blue Rams? In the past, I already read about Ramirez Dwarf Cichlids, and pictured showed fish like the one show above.

What are German Blue Rams, then? Are the another variety of Ramirez Dwarf Cichlids?

MACATUA said:
The first pic is so funny, it looks like he is smiling at you.

:) cheese!

He is always watching me. He comes to the front of the tank the minute I walk into the room.....then he runs to the back whenever I'm near the tank. He's very nosy though....that's the only way I'm able to get any pictures of him.

The substrate is plain old pool filter sand. I picked up a couple of 50lb bags for $6.50 each and re-did 4 of my tanks.

maxwell1295 said:
The substrate is plain old pool filter sand. I picked up a couple of 50lb bags for $6.50 each and re-did 4 of my tanks.

Plants are doing well in it? That's what I want to do my 20g hex in, pool filter sand.

DarylF2 said:
OK, I'm sorry if this sounds ignorant, but what is the difference between Bolivian Rams and German Blue Rams? In the past, I already read about Ramirez Dwarf Cichlids, and pictured showed fish like the one show above.

What are German Blue Rams, then? Are the another variety of Ramirez Dwarf Cichlids?

GBR's tend to be smaller, and are more suseptible to water conditions.

My Bolivian Rams:
75g238.jpg

My German Blue Rams:
75g266.jpg

There's the difference.... :)

Back
Top Bottom