Bolivian rams.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pckerfreak44

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can I fit a male and female Bolivian ram in a ten gal tank and breed them? Only other animals in there is three ghost shrimp.

Can I fit a male and female Bolivian ram in a ten gal tank and breed them? Only other animals in there is three ghost shrimp.

If the Ghost shrimp are if good size and you have plenty of hiding spots.Moss etc they may be ok.I have a friend who keeps Bolivians with ghost shrimp.You never see any baby shrimp but the Adults seem to do fine.Though they hide most of the time lol

If the Ghost shrimp are if good size and you have plenty of hiding spots.Moss etc they may be ok.I have a friend who keeps Bolivians with ghost shrimp.You never see any baby shrimp but the Adults seem to do fine.Though they hide most of the time lol
True, but usually, people buy 50-100 shrimp because they are hard to see. You will barely see 10 so yeah:/

Hmmm. Well I just have the ghost shrimp because my gf give me her tank and I put all her other fish in my main tank. But if I put the shrim in there so you think the 2 brs would be okay in a ten?

Hmmm. Well I just have the ghost shrimp because my gf give me her tank and I put all her other fish in my main tank. But if I put the shrim in there so you think the 2 brs would be okay in a ten?

To be honest I think your minimum tank size would be a 20 for a pair if Bolivians to be comfortable.

Hmm alright... I wanna breed something in there. Any suggestions?

Shellies would be perfect. A pair will likely breed if provided with shells, sand (or small gravel), and a relatively high pH, which will give you a nice colony. Most Neolamprologus species (multis, caudopunctatus, ocellatus, brevis, and others) would work very well and display VERY interesting behavior.
They are Tangynikan Cichlids.

One of my small business fish stores carries them. Or you may be able to find a private breeder in your area if you have a fish keeping group or something similar in your area or you can look into ordering them.

Back
Top Bottom