Bolivian rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How would I get myself a mating pair? Would I just buy 2 chichlids and hope they like each other? I'm planning on getting 4 (or 2) BR to go with my neon tetras, nerites, guppies, and peppered Cory cats. This would be in a 45 planted tank. Would the pair push out the other 2 chichlids /get too aggressive? I don't mind fry as I'm pretty sure my LFS will take them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The best way to get a pair is to get a group and let a couple form then remove the others. How long is a 45? I had two pairs of GBRs in a 4' 90g and they fought sometimes but it was never too bad they both bred on opposite sides. You would probably be better off with just having the one pair

I believe it's 36". My local petsmart only had 2 atm... Do you think they are a pair? o_O

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In my experience.. which may not be much.. if you manage to get a male and female, they will eventually pair. Again though, you may want another opinion

No what I have 2 male BR in a 40 gallon and one is more dominant then the other but for the most part both get along and are very prettyImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396022899.991962.jpg

In my experience it's been the same thing, I got four and ended up with two pairs. But I've heard it go the other way from a few different people, if they don't end up liking each other they could just be aggressive to one another. But that's GBRs idk if it's the same with Bolivians. I've never had any. They are beautiful though!

Back
Top Bottom