Bolivian Rams ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viperboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
So the other day i actually found 3 for a decent price and they looked good so i swooped em up and have been doing good so far .... i went in wanting to get 2 males and 1 female. But now i see i may have 3 males because they tend to each stick to a third of the tank and if one of sees another they sort of like kiss fight. I was able to get some pics of 2 of em but they arnt too great buy enjoy ... any advice on keeping them is welcome also :)

ram11.jpg

ram2again.jpg

ram21.jpg

Ray

Pretty cool......

Hope they do well. You never know, you might have a female in there. But wyou won't know til they mature and start breeding. Mine acted the same when young, but then as they matured, the 2 males got bigger, and the female stayed a little smaller.

cool thanks guys ... i heard at the LFS today that the males have pointed fins on top where each is longer than the one before and the female has some that are shorted than the one before ... i didnt believe it at the time but now i think it could be .... any truth to this?

Ray

Not too sure. With Bolivians, it's very hard to sex, if at all possible, before they mature and start spawning.

Back
Top Bottom