Bolivian rams, Kribenis or Apistogramma cacatuoides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chella

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hay everyone,

I am starting up a new 130 L tank. I want to have 2 or so central piece fish, a school of corys, maybe some hatchets and another schooling fish for the central areas.

What are your thoughts on Bolivian rams, Kribenis or Apistogramma cacatuoides as the central fish? Also how many do you think I could have in a 130 L tank?

Thanks

Based on your choice for tank mates in a tank of that size I would say go with the apistos, but I would either go with hatchets or another schooling fish if you aren't planning on using marbled hatchets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

do you mean I should choose either hatchets OR a different schooling fish?
Are marble hatchets better than other common hatchets (i.e. silver)? I dont have any experience with this group of species.

The marbled hatchets are much smaller and you could probably get away with them and another schooling fish, but if your only choice is the silvers then one or the other is best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I personally prefer marbled over the silvers anyway, and I agree with gillie, silver only, or marble and a smaller schooler

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom