Bolivian Rams with Ellioti and Keyholes...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where did you get this tank? Cause that's an awfully weird foot print for a 90...that tank would only be about a foot tall

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My LFS has one for sale. Its 72x12x20 I believe

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My LFS has one for sale. Its 72x12x20 I believe

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A 55gal on steroids?! No thank you, better off with a 125 or 150 for the amount of space it will take up.

I would only see this useful for a coral frag tank really, but maybe that's just me. Weird tank size

I'm having trouble posting... test test test...

Sent from my SM-G850F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well that worked. I'll try a third time...

Ok, so the tank is
43 long X 22 wide X 24 deep
90 US Gallons
It's the longest that will fit in the space I have for it beside the fire place in my living room. It's the biggest I can find within that length. The cabinet matches the other furniture in my home, so my wife likes it...

So, now that's out the way, what do you think to my single Sajica? I would LOVE this final addition to round off my stock list. :)

Ok, so the tank is
43 long X 22 wide X 24 deep
90 US Gallons
It's the longest that will fit in the space I have for it beside the fire place in my living room. It's the biggest I can find within that length. The cabinet matches the other furniture in my home, so my wife likes it...

So, now that's out the way, what do you think to my single Sajica? I would LOVE this final addition to round off my stock list. :)

Those dimensions come out to 98 gallons are you sure it's not 48x18x26?

Skip the sajica really doesn't have a place with that stock

Near enough... its 110 X 55 X 60 cm.

Why no Sajica...? Personal preference or would it cause any problems?

Personally I would do the ellioti, some large tetras and maybe a small catfish or the keyholes and bolivians with some nice tetras, but I'm not too keen on mixing cichlids from different regions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Personally I would do the ellioti, some large tetras and maybe a small catfish or the keyholes and bolivians with some nice tetras, but I'm not too keen on mixing cichlids from different regions.

That!

Now I'm just throwing this out there, but how does 2 pictus, a pair of ellioti and a school of congo tetras sound?

Now I'm just throwing this out there, but how does 2 pictus, a pair of ellioti and a school of congo tetras sound?

Tsk tsk, putting an African tetra in with centrals... For shame! Lol

Well it had to be readily available and big enough to avoid consumption by the pictus, my other option was bucktooths but they chew on shiny fish.

It took a lot for me to even toss those in there I hate african tetras.

Well it had to be readily available and big enough to avoid consumption by the pictus, my other option was bucktooths but they chew on shiny fish.

It took a lot for me to even toss those in there I hate african tetras.

Yeah exodons would be rough.

Buenos aires!!!

Well there's no Central American tetra in the hobby so you'd be putting South American tetra in with them anyway. That being said the African tetra requirements are very close to the South American tetras.

Well there's no Central American tetra in the hobby so you'd be putting South American tetra in with them anyway. That being said the African tetra requirements are very close to the South American tetras.

I was mostly joking lol

Swordtail would be sorta closer, but store bought are typically hybrids

Thank you all for your input.

I should stress that while a strictly authentic stock list appeals to me, I'm not aiming for anything resembling a biotype or similar. That's a future project.

I've been reading you guys threads with interest and envy and I know you're pretty experienced and serious about this - but I just want to make sure the stock list works in such a way that the fish aren't killing one another. I've been careful with sizes, temperaments, water requirements etc and I think a Sajica would be fine and that the others would be too. though not an authentic room mate for SAs a CA is close enough by my reckoning.

The thing is, if I'm going authentic, I'll do it all or nothing. I'm gonna have the wrong wood, rock, sand and at least SOME wrong fish. One day I'll come on here and tell you all about the perfect biotype I'm putting together and I'm sure you can help me massively with that, but not for now.

So, would the addition of a Sajica cause any actual "problems"?

Please forgive me. At least I'm not using pink sand and Blood Parrots...! :)

Back
Top Bottom