Boring tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Adding rams to a JD tank is an absolute joke, I really hope that was a joke at least

Lol.....I heard that! Bad part about it is that all too often bad advice like that can drive people out of the hobby when in they take the suggestions given and their tank fails horribly. I'm a firm believer that if I don't know what I'm talking about, I keep my mouth shut!

Lets put a ram with this guy and see what happens!!! Lol

Attachments

• image-2973084096.jpg
    image-2973084096.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 87
Lol.....I heard that! Bad part about it is that all too often bad advice like that can drive people out of the hobby when in they take the suggestions given and their tank fails horribly. I'm a firm believer that if I don't know what I'm talking about, I keep my mouth shut!

Amen! And if I don't know, I research till my eyes hurt lol

I may be wrong (someone can clarify maybe...?) but wouldn't rosy barbs be a good option. They're a schooling fish that are super active and get 5 inches. I thought because they get bigger than gains danios they might be better.

I may be wrong (someone can clarify maybe...?) but wouldn't rosy barbs be a good option. They're a schooling fish that are super active and get 5 inches. I thought because they get bigger than gains danios they might be better.

They may work. Would have to keep an eye out while they are smaller. Not sure if I would chance it though. May not be fast enough.

I just put 8 giant danios in with the jack. So far they jack doesn't seem to be interested. I rearranged the tank before I added them in so I hoped that helped. Lets see how long they last!!

You could always try a few convicts. They are aggressive enough to handle their own for a while with jds. I have to small convicts with 2 full grown jds in a 75gallon and my convicts were comfortable enough to lay eggs this weekend.

Mine handle a breeding pair of angels just fine in my tank and are still happy enough to breed themselves so honestly I don't see why not.

Dude comparing angels to JD is like comparing Jesus to Satin. A JD out of breeding is 10x more aggresive then a spawning pair of Angels not to mention double the adult size. a spawong pair pf JD's is quite formidable they woild destroy any milrogeophagus in an instant. i would highly advise against GBR's.

Good call adding the Danios. You can try a school of some larger characins also if the danios don't work out.

Put 8 in last week now down to 7 lol one must of got caught lunchin

That's what happens, at night time they will slowly get picked off. Best thing you could try to do, is... change the feeding time to say a hour before lights out, this way when it's lights out your large Dempsey will be on a full belly and less likely to snack. Then I'd bump the school back up to 10-15.

Gd's are your best option here as they are lightning quick, have a low bio load, cheap, and stay small. Barbs/loaches are likely to slow or get to large.

I would a said try some SD's but they would put ya over the limit as they need a shoal of 5+.

Some other options might be the larger tetras, Congo/Colombian. I would say exodons, but that little JD would get shredded by them. And again... There is always the chance these are exspensive feeders.

Back
Top Bottom