Borleyi Kandego

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

torin31

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just ordered 2 of these guys any one here no much about them diet etc I no they are lake malawi mbuna but any input would be great. I also got 2 more yellow labs and 2 sunshine peacocks coming the same time.

Hello Torin. I bred the "Red Kadango" variety of Copadichromis Borleyi several years ago. As with many African cichlids, if not most, ordering just a pair is not a good idea. "Red Kadango" males are very aggressive and require a harem of at least 4 to 6 females; not only to keep them happy, but also to spread out the male's aggression so that one lonely female isn't constantly being pursued and beat up when she refuses to mate with him. Males can get very rough, particularly in smaller-sized tanks.

Also, it is not a wise idea to mix Labidochromis Caeruleus with Copadichromis Borleyi, as the latter can be quite aggressive, while the former is a more peaceful fish. You are much better off keeping one or the other, but not both together, but it is your choice.

Diet-wise, any high quality pellet will keep Red Kadangos happy...and please be certain to perform regular water changes in order to sustain your Red Kandangos in optimum conditions.

Back
Top Bottom