Bottom dweller for my Kribensis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeyGeeze

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi Guys

I recently purchased an albino kribensis and have him in a 46 gallon with 10 tiger barbs. He's definitely an awesome fish and has been all over the tank since I got him. Both the barbs and him are quite young and small. I'd like to complete my tank with another fish, preferably a bottom dweller. Just looking for some advice/opinions on what I have available to me. I'm definitely open to another cichlid, as long as it can co exist with my krib and won't eat my barbs. From what I researched, there isn't many.

My original plan was to get 6 kuhli loaches and call it a day, however, I feel they may hide a lot and it kind of puts a lot of attention on my krib from the barbs. 10 of those guys can be a bit much. So, I thought about yoyo loaches but my concern is would they be OK with my krib in a 46 gallon? Whatever fish I choose will be my last addition to the tank. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

@cornstar - I was thinking about the BN pleco as well. I don't think that it would cause a problem for me but I wasn't completely sold on it yet.

@snype - would Cory's be ok? I heard a krib can be aggressive towards them. Plus, I would need a small school of them correct? I dont know if that puts me over the top with 6 or so corys?

The reason I was leaning towards the loaches was because I figured they would be able to handle themselves in the tank along with the krib and barbs ya know?

Thanks!

yea im not sure if the krib would be aggressive towards them i know they would be okay with barbs or atleast mine was but then again my paradise fish killed two of mine so im unsure might wanna check with some one experensed with kribs but either way you still need a school of loaches and corys are smaller then loaches so if the kuhlis wont put you over i doubt the corys will also idk much about them either but maybe a red tailed shark or rapheal catfish

My kribs ignore my cories and kuhlii's. Never had any problems with the kribs - only when they breed do they chase everyone away.

meegosh said:
My kribs ignore my cories and kuhlii's. Never had any problems with the kribs - only when they breed do they chase everyone away.

Hmm so maybe I should stick with the kuhlis, are yours actively out or mostly hidden? I just have the one male krib with no plans for getting a female. Do you think a few yoyo's would cause a problem with the krib? I dont wanna cramp him in the tank.

My kuhlii's hide mostly but whenever food is put in the tank they all make their way out. Spend most of their time hanging from plants or burrowing near the rocks.

Back
Top Bottom