Brown algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AssistedDecoy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have done research but everything I am reading says something differnt so I have no idea what to do. How is it caused? How to i get rid of it? How do I make sure it doesnt come back? Any and all info will help or if you can leave a link to good info on this I would appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1464650742973.jpg
    1464650742973.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 116
Is it a newly set up tank? If so , probably diatoms and will go away on their own in time .

Yeah, 3 weeks give or take a few days. So no need to worry? It will disappear on its own?

No worry and it will go away once tank settles . Look up diatoms on here or Google . Ton of info , but best and easiest is just wait it out .

Perfect, easiest way to do it lol

There has to be a piont where its too much? Can i wipe it off or something? It looks horrible all over the glass ?

Attachments

• 1465185485567.jpg
    1465185485567.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 1465185497982.jpg
    1465185497982.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 74
Of course you can clean it off anything you want to . Use a glass scraper either a magnet type or one on a handle and take those flat rocks out and wash them in tank water next WC .

I would just wipe down glass with a paper towel and for the rock I used to use an unused toothbrush...keep up with your water changes and it will soon pass... Good Luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok perfect, thanks:)

So it was 6 days in between those first 2 sets of photos, 11 days later and it is looking better but not completely gone. Im hoping another week or 2 and it should be gone then I can add more little guys.

Yeah if it's on the glass you can this thing that's basically a sponge on a stick and it helps a lot and makes cleaning the glass way easy. Petsmart had them they are like 10-15 bucks if irc.

Also agree on the toothbrush. I had turtles and sometimes algae grows on their shells and the best way was always to use a a tooth brush.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom