Buffalo head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone had experience with these guys?? are they pretty peaceful?? I have firemouth, krib, and angelfish in my community tank that are cichlids. Thanks for replies! 75 gallon tank.

Anyone had experience with these guys?? are they pretty peaceful?? I have firemouth, krib, and angelfish in my community tank that are cichlids. Thanks for replies! 75 gallon tank.

I haven't seen one in years. Awesome looking fish. They are very peaceful (for a cichlid)and will do fine with your current stock I had to return mine because he was being picked on by my demasoni. I didn't know the difference at the time I thought cichlid meant nasty and they all went together. I have done research on them since then but not able to find them in my area.

Yeah the lady at my pet store said this is the first time she has been able to get them in.. Hmmm I really want one! But it's $19 for one.

I got mine in 2001 and haven't seen one since so would say $19 not to bad.

lol cool post a pic when you get. If you could get a pair that would be awesome you would probably have the market if they breed.

Well the store only has two! But I don't think I want them to breed or anything.. My tank is pretty much full right now haha

Pictures! He's a lil rough but hopefully will get better in his new home :) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387396829.195762.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387396840.725351.jpg

That was quick lol. Yeah he should start looking better once he gets settle.

I only live about two minutes from my fish store ;) ... Sometimes that's good, sometimes that's bad... Haha

I only live about two minutes from my fish store ;) ... Sometimes that's good, sometimes that's bad... Haha

That would be bad for me. its good I live 45 minutes away. But I only work 15 minutes away sometimes I come back with more than lunch on my lunch break.

Love them!! You may find the kribs battling with them over caves, so I would consider getting more decor to keep the peace.

Love them!! You may find the kribs battling with them over caves, so I would consider getting more decor to keep the peace.

Oh I have plenty of caves! ;) ... So do they not have the humps when they are small? I read only males have them and wanted to get one but couldn't really tell...

Thanks for asking! So far he has decided to hang out with the cories in their little den. He did come out for food but I think the krib scared him. ( the krib scares everyone when it's feeding time ) ... But glad to see he did come out and seems to be doing fine :) .. Fins are still rough but those will take awhile to heal

Thanks for asking! So far he has decided to hang out with the cories in their little den. He did come out for food but I think the krib scared him. ( the krib scares everyone when it's feeding time ) ... But glad to see he did come out and seems to be doing fine :) .. Fins are still rough but those will take awhile to heal

That's good that he is eating always a good sign for a new fish. I just bought a baby oscar last week and he is the most finicky eater. His fins were also tore up so I am nervously watching him. I don't think I breath until I see him take at least 1 pellet.

Back
Top Bottom