bullies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh, and more rocks/hiding places! ok guys and gals, I have a yellow lab already and have heard acei is another peaceful choice of mbuna, please list some others? thanks, They are starting to get nasty again, little stinkers, even the yellow lab just nipped him, arghh, heading to the lfs soon =)

Red zebras, cobalt blue zebras, afra cobue, hongi mbuna, and Kenyi (peaceful IME) and white labs as well.

Kenyi will end up NOT peaceful as they grow. They and auratus are bad news from my experience. Just about all other mbuna will be ok with exceptions. Rustys are good choice so are maingano(electric blue Johanni in most stores) all the labidochromis are good. Just have to find them. Yellow labs are easy to find but perlmutt, chisumulae and exasperatus are nice and calm. And acei are AWESOME!

Kenyi will end up NOT peaceful as they grow. They and auratus are bad news from my experience. Just about all other mbuna will be ok with exceptions. Rustys are good choice so are maingano(electric blue Johanni in most stores) all the labidochromis are good. Just have to find them. Yellow labs are easy to find but perlmutt, chisumulae and exasperatus are nice and calm. And acei are AWESOME!

well IMO kenyi are great fish i got em both with all my other fish around 2" and theyve been very well mannered thus far, but this is just me.

well IMO kenyi are great fish i got em both with all my other fish around 2" and theyve been very well mannered thus far, but this is just me.

I hear ya and hopefully they stay that way. There's good and bad of everything. I'm sure there's someone out there with a clown loach that's a terror! Lol. All it shows is that these as my wife would call em "dumb fish"!really do have personalities! That's why I love em all!

I hear ya and hopefully they stay that way. There's good and bad of everything. I'm sure there's someone out there with a clown loach that's a terror! Lol. All it shows is that these as my wife would call em "dumb fish"!really do have personalities! That's why I love em all!

True, true.. I tried to get all 20 of my fish for my 75g at the same time and scape it so they can grow up all together and have their own territories in the tank, etc so far so good, no fights, no fin nips (knocks on wood)

I'm working on it too, haven't separated anyone yet, they seem to be doing better and my somewhat stressed guy back out of hiding after I rearranged.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130624_003449.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130624_003449.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 66
I ♡ cichlids too =)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130624_003705.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130624_003705.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 62
This is my breeding box... the female con got really beat up but this is to show you how it looks...
ForumRunner_20130624_114554.jpg

Cool, I will be looking into one of those..
add more fish you say? ok no problem =) I went to the breeders tonight
2 blue dolphins
rubin red
venustus
a tiny acei
little hongi
unidentified peacock( a.k.a green shine surprise lol)
syno (sp?) catfish

so far so good and don't worry I know my dolphins and haps need 6 ft and they will have it soon

Back
Top Bottom