Bully

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lady_Alia said:
For a background on my frontosa tank, I used black wrapping paper. It's cheap and looks great and you would never be able to tell if I hadn't told ya. Take a look at my frontosa pics...don't look at my water spots ;-)

Very nice looking setups my favorite is the fronts tank!!

Thanks for all the suggestions for a background I purchased a dark blue poster board and after some alterations it worked out great!! Once again thanks it's great to have a forum like this....

Garcia.. Glad to hear you found a solution that worked and "you" like. Im curious to see how it turned out. Please post a picture when you get a chance. :)

pics of the fishy?
i have the same problem (exact same!) with my OB peacock. its largest fish in tank and very shy during tank lights on, but very brave and bossy when only my room lights are on. i even here the sound of a few fish bumping the glass or jumping to the surface.
as long as it hasnt killed (and the others are healthy) then dont worry much. theres always a dominant fish (as others have said) and this size peacock seems strong in that department. is it ur biggest fish? x

garcia2185 said:
Very nice looking setups my favorite is the fronts tank!!

I think tomorrow I'll take the back off it and try to figure out a way to get those water spots off. Just not sure how ta go about it.

Lady_Alia said:

I think tomorrow I'll take the back off it and try to figure out a way to get those water spots off. Just not sure how ta go about it.

Spatula and some paper towel or news paper combined with a vinegar/water solution (that's what I use for all my glass cleaning needs)

kdpuffer said:
Spatula and some paper towel or news paper combined with a vinegar/water solution (that's what I use for all my glass cleaning needs)

A spatula huh? Never would have thought of that. That might work nicely, thanks!

Before and after!! What do you guys think??

Attachments

• image-1006185483.jpg
    image-1006185483.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 75
  • image-474214673.jpg
    image-474214673.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 73
Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic said:
pics of the fishy?
i have the same problem (exact same!) with my OB peacock. its largest fish in tank and very shy during tank lights on, but very brave and bossy when only my room lights are on. i even here the sound of a few fish bumping the glass or jumping to the surface.
as long as it hasnt killed (and the others are healthy) then dont worry much. theres always a dominant fish (as others have said) and this size peacock seems strong in that department. is it ur biggest fish? x

They all seem healthy and take turns doing the bullying lol!! Do you think it's a OB peacock thing??

garcia2185 said:
Before and after!! What do you guys think??

Wow! Much much better! That is really dark blue... Looks black almost. The dark backdrop really accentuates the colors of your fish and decor (and hides all the wires and equipment). Awesome transformation. Gosh, I think your guys' tanks are infectious because I think I want a Malawi tank (or Frontosa) now! Haha

They ARE infectious!!! I love my mbuna tank but....well....I think everyone knows how I luvins my frontosas lol

Partial pic of my 55g Malawi Community Tank

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110925_090943.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110925_090943.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 78
it may be an OB peacock thing lol is it the biggest in the tank?

the dark blue looks stunning! im taking a leaf out of ur book and im gonna find one to that effect, looks awesome with ur lighting and stocking!

Brian_Nano12g said:
Wow! Much much better! That is really dark blue... Looks black almost. The dark backdrop really accentuates the colors of your fish and decor (and hides all the wires and equipment). Awesome transformation. Gosh, I think your guys' tanks are infectious because I think I want a Malawi tank (or Frontosa) now! Haha

During the day you can see the dark blue but I did notice with the light on it looks black I love it I didn't look for that effect but I will take it... The colors of the fish are looking better my demonsi stripes are dark blue I love it!!! I don't miss the cords and equipment. Thanks all for the positive comments..

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic said:
it may be an OB peacock thing lol is it the biggest in the tank?

the dark blue looks stunning! im taking a leaf out of ur book and im gonna find one to that effect, looks awesome with ur lighting and stocking!

Hey walmart is were i purchased the poster board. Thanks do you have any pics of your tank???

Back
Top Bottom