Bully

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The big rocks are Texas holey rocks and my substrate is rift lake that was already treated for African cichlids

yeah by re-arranging, the fish simply think they are in a different spot and need to sort out dominance again. so youre just creating more fighting. but thats just my opinion.

bcurlacher54 said:
yeah by re-arranging, the fish simply think they are in a different spot and need to sort out dominance again. so youre just creating more fighting. but thats just my opinion.

That's been my experience too. Rearranging has never worked for me. What has though is putting a new deco in when I put in the new fish. Maybe a little cave or plant or something like that.

rearranging was the only thing that saved two of my fishes lives.
the largest fish i got quickly claimed the log. the fem was fine. the other two were harrassed and shredded basically for 3 days, forced to the surface in the top back corners of the tank til i rearranged. now they are fine, the male is a proper show off and the fem is deep in colour. my fish dont have a deathwish on them anymore and they can finally get some territory.

each to their own, all tanks are different. but its worth a shot!!! x

Hi,I have 1 acie and he tends to bully my jewel..also have other varies of africans but he tends to pick on the 3 smallest,have tried time outs&rearranging but none have worked.. Should I add another acie to divert the attention?(by the way he almost killed my jewel)

I would add more acei, if it is male then females would be best, I had the same issue a few years back with acei and I just rehomed it.

Back
Top Bottom