Bully cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DFT

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My juvinile African cichlid (we got him from walmart so we dont know exact species but we believe he is electric blue johanni) is in a time out tank now beacuse he was harassing his tankmates We are afraid if time out doesn't work we will have to "get rid" of him. If you have any tips regarding agrresive cichlids let me know

He is in a 20 gal with another cichlid of unidentified species with some red eye tetra (i currently dont have a seprate tank for them) an angelfish and 2 cherry barbs (and a snail but that wouldn't cause problems right)

Mixing south American Cichlids and Africans is not generally a good thing. Also, they say Africans should be kept in a minimum 36 inch tank. I'd say a minimum of a 48 inch tank. They are very aggressive and are usually kept in large groups to calm aggression which also requires a good size tank.

A 20g might be good for some S.A. dwarf Cichlids. Even your angelfish isn't really suited for a 20g.....I'd say a 29g minimum for one angelfish because it's taller.

Back
Top Bottom