Bumblebee and red zebra nudging???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puffymcstuff

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, I was watching fish, and my bumblebee cichlid and red zebra cichlid were in my cave ornament. The red zebra rested it's belly on the gravel and tilted the side while the bumblebee lightly nudged the zebra with his nose and kinda nibbled on it. They then swam out of the cave, and were both fine, no fighting or signs of fungus, bacteria, and scrapes of any kind... Weird of you ask me. Please, any advice.

The zebra is like 3.5 and the bumblebee is easily 4-5 inches...

But it was gentle, like a love nip or something... And what should I expect with breeding?

T-barring is a more often a show of dominance, the dominant fish comes in from the side and the lesser fish tilts to show subservience.

As far as eggs? And where would they be? And any further behavior in that?

It will be in there mouth the mothers lay the eggs the father fertilizes them she scoops them up in her mouth then when they are fry about a month later( she wont eat ) she spits them

Do you know the gender of your RZ & your Bumble Bee? They may not even be male & female. Gender is an important factor in this question.

No I don't, but how could I tell, that's something I still don't know, petsmart doesn't specify for these fish, and I never thought to ask?

Thanks for the suggestion, but there is no way I'm taking my fish out of the water, it's too risky!

Thanks for the suggestion, but there is no way I'm taking my fish out of the water, it's too risky!
get a bucket filled with aquarium water get the fish hold it above the bucket then if you do happen to drop it it will fall into the bucket unharmed. but i do understand you not wanting to take it out of the water!!!

I checked their bottoms while they were close to the glass, and here's what I saw: the bumblebee's private is very large and noticeable compared to the red zebra's barely noticeable hole. So I'm thinking the bumblebee is female and the red zebra is male.

No I don't, but how could I tell, that's something I still don't know, petsmart doesn't specify for these fish, and I never thought to ask?

if you can post a couple of pics. of each. See if someone can tell you. Although they will need to be close up and very clear.

Back
Top Bottom