burundi frontosa diet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robbiemngm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was just wondering if Burundi frontosa can eat blood worms right now I give them brine shrimp and sinking pellets and I want to give them something new and rotate it with their normal diet

Yes, frontosa's can be fed blood worms.

I feed my frontosas: New Life Spectrum pellets (large fish formula) which is their staple.

For variety they're periodically offered: mysis shrimp, krill, prawn, grape-sized chunks of raw shrimp, 2"-3" long thawed silver-sides, and on occasion clams and mussels.

Cool thanks that's good to know I just didn't want to give them something that would make them sick or kill them I know they don't like to eat flake food until it sinks to the bottom plus I was told that its not as good for them as as pellets I've got them on omega one sinking pellets right now and they seem to pick at them

I feed my frontosas: New Life Spectrum pellets (large fish formula) which is their staple.

For variety they're periodically offered: mysis shrimp, krill, prawn, grape-sized chunks of raw shrimp, 2"-3" long thawed silver-sides, and on occasion clams and mussels.

I do the same diet. Works really well. Also watch for bloating and over feeding. I skip a day (Sunday) to clear there system.

Jeeze! How big are your frontosa? Pic please :-D

Jeeze! How big are your frontosa? Pic please :-D

My largest one's (burundi, mpimbwe & kigoma's) are at least 12" or a little more:

The female kipili on the right is just under 6" and is dwarfed by larger burundi male:

img_2273864_0_7dcd4cfe89f2c4e3bc2a4fd49a25225d.jpg

img_2273864_1_09c5577cd117a6521529c6f76fce9cc0.jpg

img_2273864_2_7ba30915de47c42c41d7d9f1ca4e8ea7.jpg

My frontosas are still little about 2"-3" but look good

Back
Top Bottom