Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Buying Blood Parrot Cichlids Online

I've been searching the internet endlessly while my tank is cycling trying to find a reputable site that sells quality blood parrots. Would anyone here know of a good site? The LFS here don't carry any (except WalMart, and that's just sad). I'm in Missouri, so the shipping usually ranges between $40 and $60. A centrally-located warehouse would be preferable, but anything would do at this point. Thanks so much.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:54 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Live aquaria has red blood parrots for about 15 dollars

Rule number two: Always cycle your tank.
bettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #3

Most Petsmart and Petcos carry them, if you have one near.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #4
5x5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferMelt
I've been searching the internet endlessly while my tank is cycling trying to find a reputable site that sells quality blood parrots. Would anyone here know of a good site? The LFS here don't carry any (except WalMart, and that's just sad). I'm in Missouri, so the shipping usually ranges between $40 and $60. A centrally-located warehouse would be preferable, but anything would do at this point. Thanks so much.
You're looking for a good site to sell a bad fish? Blood parrots (especially the concept of high quality) can be hard to find online because most of the serious sellers would never sell them.

Have you looked at just getting the Midas or the synspilus? All the good qualities of the blood parrot hybrid and none of the bad ones.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...d+society.html
5x5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x5 View Post

You're looking for a good site to sell a bad fish? Blood parrots (especially the concept of high quality) can be hard to find online because most of the serious sellers would never sell them.

Have you looked at just getting the Midas or the synspilus? All the good qualities of the blood parrot hybrid and none of the bad ones.
X2 i dont like blood parrots at all. Get a vieja synspilium or midas.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:09 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x5 View Post

False. Very very false. My Local Fish Store sells Blood Parrots. She has owned the store her whole life and is very serious.

He can get a blood parrot if he wants to.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:10 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanpopp View Post

False. Very very false. My Local Fish Store sells Blood Parrots. She has owned the store her whole life and is very serious.

Whats false? No one said he couldnt get one.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:11 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Get a parrot if you want to. I wouldn't let them talk you out of it by their opinions...
Old 07-09-2013, 02:23 AM   #9
5x5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

Quote:
Get a parrot if you want to. I wouldn't let them talk you out of it by their opinions...
What are you doing in the new world section.

Just pointing out the original fish that created the hybrid may be worth looking into as well. For all I know, the OP isn't aware they are looking for a hybrid. If they are already aware, I have no agenda.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...d+society.html
5x5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

She has blood parrots because they sell and they are often sold to new hobbists before they know any better. The owners of LFS often bring in fish they don't typically care for themselves because at the end of the day they need to make money.

5X5 did give some good alternatives to getting Blood parrots. He was not trying to sway the OP one way from getting one but rather give him/her all the facts so they can make the best informed decision.

To the OP many online retailers are often very specialized as to what they carry/breed and they typically only have what interests them. They have little to no overhead so they have no need to sell the bread a butter fish. Blood parrots are not going to be something that's found on allot retailers lists, your best bet for finding some would be a LFS, Petco or Petsmart.

Quote:
You're trying to talk then into it with your opinions so what's the difference? Give them only the facts/experiences and let them figure the rest out for themselves.

Tags
blood, cichlids, online, parrot

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com