Calling all Texas cichlid experts...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy Smell

Aquarium Advice Freak
What type is this one, or could it be a mix....?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415544134.884462.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415544163.367618.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415544218.188520.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415544241.704998.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Not an expert but I would say female Herichthys cyanoguttatus
but don't take my answer as definite I have had Carpintis and don't think its that. The dark on the dorsal fin leads me to think female.

I hope it is as females stay smaller as I understand it. It was marked as cyanoguttatus but I wasn't sure.
Thanks Mike

Another question; how have people found these aggression wise? It's about 3" and in a 130G with other rowdy cichlids, silver dollars etc and is the smallest cichlid. I would say the other cichlids have so far found him to be less than polite and more than willing to mix it. Is this the norm?

I am just on my phone right now and can't see very well but it doesn't look like carpintas or cyanaguttas to me.

Like I say though, could be wrong given the size of the pics I am looking at.

That's really why I asked the question, but reading some descriptions on the net, the cyanoguttatus supposedly is similar colours to mine as a juvenile but takes on more golden/greenish colours when mature.

Back
Top Bottom