Can i add a pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm idk what type would be suitable could I add a striped Raphael catfish in with them or is that not gonna work? I just really want another pleco or cat.

Yea I don't know any more either. I just moved the pleco to my severum tank. I don't know if the Dempsey is more or less aggressive than the carpintis (Green Texas) My Carpintis never touched the pleco until now. I guess there is no definite answer.

The golden nugget is not as, I guess you can say tough as a bn pleco, I find bn's stand their ground better, besides, you don't want to find a 50 dollar fish half eaten
I love bn plecos, favorite type of pleco, now, if you are looking for something a bit more exotic, a starlight bn pleco is for you, like a bn pleco, except a very deep black with white spots, very nice

Really that sounds amazing exactly what I'm looking for thank you so much for that tip! So are they just as hardy and tough as a normal BN ? What's the price typically range on them?

They can range from 25-30 bucks, just as hardy, you can get a pair if you wish
img_2743915_0_444f639c6dd4fd6de65e55e383c5b987.jpg

No I just want one honestly and should be fine with a jack dempsey correct?

No I just want one honestly and should be fine with a jack dempsey correct?
yeah you should be fine! Like loach boy said, BN are real good at holding their own. As Long as he's got lots of hiding spots and drift wood you should be set!

Ok I will be trying to get one after Christmas. I will be getting a larger filter new heater new lights basically all around upgraded equipment. Then I will hopefully be adding the pleco after that thank you guys for all the help and patience I will update pics after I get one hopefully I will be able to order one anyway.

If I was to get a pair could I get one starlight BN and one regular bristlenose or would that cause issues.

I'm going to get a Red tail shark so everyone who's has been following my threads you know now.

excellent choice! Personally I like rainbows much much more than red tails.

Idk I have always been a red tail fan not sure why. I like rainbows to I just don't like how much grater the body is. But I think both species are awesome!

image-2344050188.jpg

Here's a pic of him all you can really see is his red tail since his color is washed out currently.

Idk I have always been a red tail fan not sure why. I like rainbows to I just don't like how much grater the body is. But I think both species are awesome! Here's a pic of him all you can really see is his red tail since his color is washed out currently.
yeah I love how when adults the red tails how closely they resemble carp

It's pretty neat that such a little fish is related to carp.

My red tail is one mean larger than normal guy who actually pesters my firemouth and my Dempsey... He looks like a 6 inch black and red koi fish now he's so fat lol

That's awesome I just want mine to start coming out so I can see him haha.

That's awesome I just want mine to start coming out so I can see him haha.

Throw little thawed prepared omnivore entrees or anything shrimp turn off the lights use a red or a green colored light and watch your daytime fish fumble and your night cats and sharks run circles around them!!! Lots to do when you give up TV!!

He's starting to come out after just 4 days its pretty neat he's much more active than the red tail I had before.

Back
Top Bottom