Can i see some pictures of your tank lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daven

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, ive been trying to find what the best light fixture would be to show off my mbuna fish colors. But everything online that i seem to find only really talks about bulb temperatures which i already am familiar with. I figured i could see what different lights you guys use and how well they display the colours, if some of you dont mind sharing! LEDs, etc. Anything that will show the different colours well in my tank

Currently i have a dual t8 shop light with a powerglow and 6500k bulb and really like the light. However it looks like crap sitting on top of the tank and i cant find any dual t8 fixtures for aquariums. I was thinking of getting a light like the finnex stingray that i have for my other tank, but putting the smaller one over my tank hardly lights the half of the tank up at all so i dont think the 48" model would do much on its own either. I think the longer models have the same spread of LEDs, just more to cover the longer length. Maybe ill have to build a canopy to hide the lights inside. But i figured someone somewhere must have tried a few different lights

Finnex makes an led that is super bright and enhances the coloring of the fish... Im tryin to remember what its called.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Its called the finnex monster ray RGB series.

The monster ray would work for sure. A current sat plus would work as well, let's you customise colors and all that..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It looks like what im after, however i cant seem to find a place to order it online in canada. I only know of ebay and amazon though for this stuff. I see the Ray2 on there and the stingray. Maybe i could try two of the stingrays, but dont want to have it ending up worse then what i have anyways :/

Monster ray... Double mediocrity doesnt equal happy Daven.

Not that the ray or ray 2 are bad. Just 2 of them wont make a better view than 1 monster rgb series. Its for exactly what your after.

Monster ray... Double mediocrity doesnt equal happy Daven.

I agree. But if i cannot order those then i have to look at other options. Alot of times i cannot find the same stuff in canada compared to where they are produced. I heard the stingray has a decent cri value so i thought adding two might bring the brightness up to make it look ok

I see... Hmmm nothin on ebay for it?

No :/ Under further reasearch it seems finnex pulled their product from canada a year ago or something. Although i see the ray 2, planted plus, and stingray for sale. Some seem to figure it was due to needing inspections or changes to be CSA approved here, so maybe they ended up only doing the more popular models.

Big als doesnt seem to have any finnex either. Oh well :/

You could look at the Current USA series. I have not used them but others on AA have and should be able to make recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom