Can some one tell me something about this flower horn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From those pictures I could easily determine the following:
- It is alive
- It is underwater
- It is a tank far too small for it.

In general flowerhorns are a hybrid made from new world cichlids. There temperament is variable but most can be quite aggressive. They typically are large growing.

Did you have any specific questions?

I think dalto summed it up. Is there something specific you wanted? I hope your tank is just for photographic purposes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's not my tank lol I would never put it in a tank that small it's a seller picture I want to know more of what kind of flowerhorn it is

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I can tell you about my experiance with a flowerhorn, bought one at a LFS on impulse because it was cool looking and colorful. Had it with convicts and firemouths. It was fine for months, but it grew much quicker than the other fish and started slowly picking them off. I posted it on facebook to give it away and found there is a whole culture of people into them, had multible people that wanted it. They are cool looking but I wouldnt get another.

Ok thanks I have a tank for it with no other fish and maybe get lucky that it won't be agressive

I keep mine alone. I've had many offers on him but would never sell him. They do tend to be very aggressive. Mine definitely is!

Back
Top Bottom