Can these cichlids breed at all together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cheryldooley

Aquarium Advice Freak
These two are acting like they want to and it's strange to me cuz they used to be so against each other. I'm no sure at all I they are male and female. Have no idea how to sex them. But just wondering if anyone knows?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390438147.939585.jpg

Just "vented" and white is male blue is female. How does breeding work with cichlids ? Can they actually produce fry?

Are they spinning around each other and shaking

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The female will lay the eggs and pick them up in her mouth and follow the male until he fertilizes them. Then she will lay low for about three weeks until the fry are hatched and swim out of her mouth. If u want to keep and raise the fry I would put her in a tank alone. Good luck!!!

They are spinning and the males doing the shake as well but no eggs as yet. I'm excited and nervous I hope they do breed!!! Would be so amazing !!!

How long does the female hold the eggs on her mouth. Do I let her spit them naturally or do I strip them? Do I need a fry trap inside the tank for them??

Well they've stopped circling and acting odd. Back to old selves. Darn. I was lookin forward to fry!!

Back
Top Bottom