can you identify this fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acejock999

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just trying to get familiar with my fish and their proper names.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131214_122449.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131214_122449.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 170
  • ForumRunner_20131214_122501.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131214_122501.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 159
Body shape isn't right for Herichthys Carpintis. Some sort of peacock or hap but cant tell what kind with out any color.

Indeed I think that is it. Can't wait for the color to come in.

Yeah sulfur heads are a hot looking fish. I have always wanted one I never knew what they looked like as juvies. Now I can be on the look out for one.

Keep in mind females maintain the juvenile coloring, so it is not a guarantee that it will end up with the bright blue and yellow, as that is a male only trait ;)

Reactions: HN1
Sorry everyone the picture stays small and looking at what i can see and looking at my carpintis he looks darn close. Glad its not being in with Africans.

Sorry everyone the picture stays small and looking at what i can see and looking at my carpintis he looks darn close. Glad its not being in with Africans.

Easy mistake the spots are very similar on both Juvies.

So are you saying it is not a lithobates? It is a male. All my fish are males.

It is a lithobates I think what was being said is you cant be sure its a male until the color comes in. With peacocks females and juvies stay colorless.

Sorry if my response to mike was the confusing post.

When I ordered from fish store they charged a premium for male. The females were like 10 but males were 14.

Just under 3 inches. I have to trust them since I know nothing. Livefishdirect.com

Back
Top Bottom