Canister filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vaillancourt_jv

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently realized i should purchase a canister filter to better equip my tank. Problem is I have no experience in canister filter. If anyone can give me advice on anything I need to know, size, brand, function, store, anything that would be useful for my tank. I have a 100 gallon corner tank with 2 oscars (5 1/2inches) and a pleco. Currently I have 2 HOB aqua clear filters running. Any advice would be helpful nothing is to big or to small, thanks.

That's the one I'm using love it and also using my 2 70 gallon aqua clerk filters to

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130317_194229.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130317_194229.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 69
I like the fluvals, I have a 406 in my 75g, I would recommend the fx5 for your tank though. The only thing you see in the tank is the intake tube and your output nozzle.
You can YouTube or google the specific brand and model to see what they look like. After running HOBs for years, I'll never go back to them. Canisters are a lot quieter and, in my opinion, easier to maintain. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom