Can't figure out the sex of my GBR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drbabigrll

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys! I'm new to this but here goes my question? I need a little help figuring out the sex of my rams. I was told my small German Blue Ram was a female when I purchased her. But I'm not convinced. "She" seems pretty feisty towards my other ram who is supposed to be a male. I would love to breed these guys in the near future :)

Here is a picture of the one that was supposed to be a girl. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 89
I'm going to say that that looks like a female. The top back fin looks rounded.
Look at these pictures:
Male%20GBR%20FS.png

Female%20GBR%201-WR.png

I'm going to say that that looks like a female. The top back fin looks rounded.
Look at these pictures:
Male%20GBR%20FS.png

Female%20GBR%201-WR.png
That's what I thought but then the black spot doesn't really have blue specks in it. Make me think maybe it's a boy... Thoughts?

Here's another picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 79
That's what I thought but then the black spot doesn't really have blue specks in it. Make me think maybe it's a boy... Thoughts?

Here's another picture
Still looks like a female to me. In the first picture you posted, you can see faint blue dots in the black patch.

Any idea why the female would be picking on the male? She tends to come at him and he backs away from her. His black stripes are only really visible when she's next to him and after she tries to scare him off. :(

Back
Top Bottom