Carey's 125G Upgrade/Conversion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
LOL It's deja vu... I have to wait for b/f tomorrow to put together my bio cube stand for my new tank.

Hey there Carey your thread has reached 300 lol wow you sure know how to get a good thread going ;-)

LOL It's alot of chit chat too. But its all good, I like having a place I can go to talk about one tank. :)

Speaking of which I'm hopefully gonna pick up some more fish today. Some FW and a SW. woo hoo...I'll post if I get anything.

So it took awhile but I finally added some more fish. :)

I picked up two loaches, not clowns though. One is blue and the other is orangey. Supposed to be a male and female. here's a shot while acclimating:

img_1316412_0_f5ebbeaee9a5998cb58a8cb6e1729f43.jpg

I totally forgot. I told the guy that too when I bought them. I think he said blueberry loaches. Thye def don't have the nose of a shark, it looks like the clown loachs mouth. :-D

Did some more research on these guys and they appear to be blue botia's, also known as blueberry and strawberry loaches. I've been having the hardest time finding decent sized clown loaches so i went with these guys. I hope they work out. They seem right at home already.

Ooooh they are so pretty! You are getting so much fish action...so lucky!!

Spent $100 bucks today, sooo over budget. But I hadn't bought freshwater stuff in awhile so I figured why not..

Its the truth...i have a thts to small for clowns i still look anyway i cant rele find small ones

Just invested in a centerpiece for this tank. My b/f says it needs more color now since everything is so dark except for the tree stump thing. lol I'm considering putting in a bunch of fake plants to make add some color?

What do you guys think?

img_1338637_0_10db3d774e7092ecf4a82f336f8ce54e.jpg

img_1338637_1_e70d777a7cd86a9a280103e846fe667f.jpg

It looks good, and I think it will look even better when it ages a lil bit!

Yeah, I've been neglecting the fw tanks a bit, I need to work on this one more. It's just so darn big it's a bit overwhelming. least in SW I can fill it with LR but fw I have to show more creativity. lol :)

carey said:
Yeah, I've been neglecting the fw tanks a bit, I need to work on this one more. It's just so darn big it's a bit overwhelming. least in SW I can fill it with LR but fw I have to show more creativity. lol :)

Haha! I understand...it is tough

Back
Top Bottom