catching fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kado

Aquarium Advice Activist
would just like to know how everyone goes catching their fish eg. sick, injured or the bully to separate them from the others because I have a lot of hiding spots and it can be a nightmare. sometimes I think I've created more stress for them :(

I take things out of the tanks before I try to net but I keep my tanks pretty bare except for the show tanks. In those tanks I have a devil of a time trying to catch fish especially corys.

I think I'll need to remove all the rocks and stuff and use 2 nets. that sounds like the best way. thanks :)

it's a big job isn't it?

thanks again

I like to wait until the lights have been of for an hour or two they are allot slower then and easier to catch. Sometimes however you have to strip the tank in order to catch fish, just a fact of life.

Get a 2 liter bottle

Cut the the very top of the bottle just enough so the fish can fit into it.
Cut the front part of the bottle off, and push the side that would be the cap side into the bottle.
And bait the trap with cucumber or something.
Theres a video on youtube about it also.
This causes no stress to the fish also.

Get a 2 liter bottle

Cut the the very top of the bottle just enough so the fish can fit into it.
Cut the front part of the bottle off, and push the side that would be the cap side into the bottle.
And bait the trap with cucumber or something.
Theres a video on youtube about it also.
This causes no stress to the fish also.

I did the same thing only used a smaller bottle to catch a crab that ate my cleaner shrimp , worked like a charm for that.
Had him within an hour.

that my friend. sounds like a very good plan. will definitely be trying it out.

Back
Top Bottom