Catfish for CA/SA cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aaronb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'd like some catfish that wouldn't get too big and would maybe not hide too much. Right now I have 2 spotted raphael catfish and a pleco. I'd like a couple striped raphaels as well. I know they like hiding too. They just look cool though. I thought about a few pictus, but I'm afraid my oscars would eat them when they get bigger. Thanks.

I know you were looking for catfish but have you considered a clown loach school? There is nothing more entertaining than watching my little loaches grapping food from a 14" tiger oscars gills, they're like a swam of locust during feeding time. I have them with my africans and sa/ca tanks with no issues. If not then I would run with the pictus's too.

HUKIT said:
I know you were looking for catfish but have you considered a clown loach school? There is nothing more entertaining than watching my little loaches grapping food from a 14" tiger oscars gills, they're like a swam of locust during feeding time. I have them with my africans and sa/ca tanks with no issues. If not then I would run with the pictus's too.

Clown loaches are boring compared to 3-4 pictus cats.

Have to agree. Clown loaches are cool, but the Pictus are a ton more active and fun to watch. My clowns are active but nowhere near as much as the Pictus I have. Just me two cents

Back
Top Bottom