Central American stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391816650.162340.jpg
Here is the pic the guy sent of tank gravel is mid course light river rock color filter is a marine land but will add a sunsun canister or somthing along those lines

Thats a great score but I would ask the length because most 6' stands are 3 door and the height on that tank looks like a 110x I sure hope im wrong.

Here is the pic the guy sent of tank gravel is mid course light river rock color filter is a marine land but will add a sunsun canister or somthing along those lines

That's not 6ft. That's 4ft. I've had one before and FYI they are heavy. Very heavy

That terror will kill the EB JD they are to docile for the terror or convicts if you add anything else go with a normal Jack Dempsey or look into blue acaras. But yah that looks like a 4 footer:/. If it is dont add more cichlids just keep that same amount from your 75 gallon stocking so the 3 then add 6 giant danios. You could add a bottom feeder though giving the extra water volume look into a featherfin catfish or a stripped Raphael catfish.

Ok I will ask for the length think I'll stick with
-1 green terror
-2firemouths
-1 female convict
-g. Danios
- 4 cats

How bout some pitcus cats as there active and a bichir would look cool in there too here's mineImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391883052.760154.jpg

I wouldn't get a bichir they are kind of a pain to Hand feed and stuff. If you get a Raphael catfish only get 1 they are aggressive with each other and just so you know they really only come out at night

Alright guess ill stick with featherfin (small school) as bottom feeder. But thanks for all the help really helps me put this tank together

I would only get a solo featherfin they get large and are very territorial with each other they reach 6-8 inches.

No problem get some pics up thought after the tanks up and running!

Ok so I have the tank but found a new fish it's called a robertstoni cichlid would it work with my listed stock?

Astatheros robertsoni get to be 10" and are fairly aggressive so I'd say no. Even though that's 100 gallon+ tank it's still a 4 footer and needs to be stocked closer to what you'd keep in a 75 simply because there's really not all that much floor space.

Personally I'd stock 2 pairs of Thorichthys or Cryptoheros, 10+ Buenos aires tetra or Astyanax mexicanus and do a several trios of wild type mollys, swords or platys. It will be a nice full tank with plenty of movement and color.

Back
Top Bottom