Cichids, when will I start to notice them growing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmac

Aquarium Advice Regular
Stare REALLY hard!

if that does not work, wait a while. a week is a very short time to see a fish grow that much.

someone who keeps african can answer this better, but in the last year my convicts have only grown about 1.5 inches. that averages 0.0041 inches a day or 0.03 inches per week, that is not that much. takeing into account gender, health, feeding, temp...so on and so forth... they will grow but not overnight!

hth

An adequately sized tank combined with quality diet and good water condition usually result in a decent growth rate.

With your zebras, you can probably expect a total length of 3"+ by the end of this year (somewhat less for the yellow lab).

The 0.5" mbuna (didn't think they sold them that small..that's pretty much the size they are when their mother releases them) will probable be at least 3" this time next year.

**edit**
dmac said:
Cobalt Blue Maylandia Zebra (stripes on mine are not very pronounced, similar to this photo)
http://members.boo.net/~lianos/fish/zebra1.jpg
Cobalts are usually solid blue with no stripes or blotches.

You should see a large groth spike in about 6 months or so. Take a picture every 2 weeks or so that you can catalogue the growth. I done this in the past to see growth. It also works great if you fish gets a disease. You can compare pre, during , post illness.

Back
Top Bottom