Cichild convertion 75g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rizla

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all an a bit of a noob here, but hope u can help?

Have acquired a juwel trigon 350 with fish as well. As such a large tank have had to refill when moved and had to start cycling with fish. Things are going well with the testing it's moving in right direction but I have thoughts on making this a cichild tank in the next 6 months and rehouse the current stock. I would like to have 20-30 fish of semi aggressive behaviour and bright colours are important to the lady of the house lol. Any response welcome.

If the tank was up when you got it and you just moved it to your house with the same filters (kept wet hopefully) you shouldnt cycle at all. A cichlid tank calls for sand substrate, lots of rock or driftwood and good filtration. Relatively easy IME/IMO.

Cool thanks will study that for a few weeks I think!! Looks a bit daunting to understand all those species and their behaviours, companions etc.

Don't worry with over 800 plus species of cichlids coming from the Rift Valley lakes no one knows them all, maybe someone but no one I know. Just take your time reading and researching fish prior to actual stocking.

Ive heard the Mbuna's are great with neat individual personalities. I am biased because I have African Peacocks and just love them, So you cant go wrong with either. Good luck

I love Malawi cichlids I miss mine :( . You can do a gravel substrate with cichlids it doesn't have to be sand although I think sand looks better.

Back
Top Bottom