Cichlasoma citrinellum x Cichlasoma synspilum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trent

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi everyone. quick question, do blood parrots eat feeder fish? and has anyone on this site every been successful with breeding them. please don't leave any negative feedback about them being a hybrid and dyed, im well aware of this. i think its one of the coolest fish i own. :D

trent said:
hi everyone. quick question, do blood parrots eat feeder fish?
well, blood parrots are Omnivore: an animal that feeds on both animal and vegetable substances! very intrusting since there mouths don't close. :lol:
so has any one been successful of breeding these badboys?

I have heard of the dance being displayed with eggs layed but no babies, from a very reliable source but he believes that they can't fertilize, as for my own experience, i bought a pink convict or so i thought, that looks more like a parrot than a lot of parrots i,ve seen,now this one with my black convict haven't seen any results yet been over 6 mo

I've had blood parrots in the past that laid eggs a couple of times that never hatched. When I went looking for answers as to why this would happen I was told that females eggs are good, but the male cannot fertilized them. You would need to cross them with a male devil, midas or severum.

I tried adding a male Midas to fertilize them, but once he grew he beat up the parrot so I gave the parrot away.

Back
Top Bottom