Cichlid and food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Race2d

Aquarium Advice Activist
was curious what everyones opioion and what the feed their cichlids. i have all peacocks and dempsy. i am using NLS food and omega 1 products. i also you some frozen brine shrimp.

i was also looking at getting a live brine shrimp hatchery and was wondering if it was ok to put this in a cichlid tank?

I feed my MBUNA ;-) New Era pellets,Sera Granugreen,C.E Fish Essentials Mbuna food = Comprising a large variety of mixed algae,seaweed,plant,vegetable and fruit matter with small proportions of fish,shellfish & crustacean base and bound gelling agents derived from algae & plant origins,this herbivore-friendly blend will suit the complexity and specificity of the African rift valley herbivore diet perfectly and still promote ideal growth,development,immunity,colouration and vitality ;-)

There is at least 1-2 "what to feed cichlids" threads a week. Just do a simple search and read through those. You'll find most people feed new life spectrum with great success.

If you live in the states you use New Life Spectrum ? Yet most Large Aquariums of the WORLD use NEW ERA ? So why do the large Aquariums of the world use New Era over new life spectrum ? That's a Question I'd love to know ;-)

I've never personally seen New era in any store around me, seems to be a company based in the UK and is not as readily available in the states. I would choose NLS over NE because even though NE has a plant based pellet for Mbuna it is the same protein % as NLS but has almost no fiber (1.8%) where as NLS is 5%. Fiber is very important component when selecting food. So one could conclude that NLS is much more balanced and can be fed to all your fish exclusively and saves you from having to buy 8 different types of food.

So why do large Aquariums of the world use New Era over New Life Spectrum ? That is the Question,that needs answering don't you think ?

I don't know nor do I care, NLS works for me and many other people have also had good results using it. There for I will continue to use it.

Mogurako said:
I've never personally seen New era in any store around me, seems to be a company based in the UK and is not as readily available in the states. I would choose NLS over NE because even though NE has a plant based pellet for Mbuna it is the same protein % as NLS but has almost no fiber (1.8%) where as NLS is 5%. Fiber is very important component when selecting food. So one could conclude that NLS is much more balanced and can be fed to all your fish exclusively and saves you from having to buy 8 different types of food.

Interesting as Im in the uk and I've never seen it in a store so far.Ive just got some delivered from an online company.One of our biggest stores here called Maidenhead Aquatics doesn't stock it.Most places seem to stock mainly tetra products or New Era.I will continue the search.

Back
Top Bottom