Cichlid behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Think that's what it is but he had a lot in the tank, it's a yellow peacock with black band on its dorsal

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Electric yellow peacock?

And sweet deal on the frontosa, that will be a cool tang tank.

Awesome that you listened. Im actually in shock that someone here realized they had a problem and actually took steps to fix it.

Well I was giving it a lot of thought after ALOT of people thought it was wrong. Thank you so much for the knowledge. I'll update later after I clean it and redecorate.

Oh ok so they are not recommended with frontosa,I see... The seller strikes again! He said they go well together.

Yeah now that you say that the yellow is being very passive and just swimming up and down along the glass, very hyper though.

They'll do fine together. As adults, the fronts may try and eat the lab, they're predators after all

I'm going to take the two jewel fish out because I think they have the potential to be aggressive. Also anyone have any ideas on substrate that's easy to clean but looks better than what I have already?

Also, that show tank is featuring species way less aggressive than the ones that were in your tank, just to explain why that works for them. Geophagus and satanoperca aren't known for major aggression, same with the datnoids. Many Malawian haps are predatory, but generally easy going. That tank was designed with fish that "in theory" will get along

But too big to be in a small tank like that, aggression aside, still too small I think, even though I praised and defended my fish.

I have returned to the light side of things lol thanks to a lot of feed back.

Yeah, I'm not saying it isn't overstocked, I'm just saying the aggression levels of your previous stock would be totally different to compare it to that tank

I'm going to take the two jewel fish out because I think they have the potential to be aggressive. Also anyone have any ideas on substrate that's easy to clean but looks better than what I have already?

White sand looks great with frontosas and keeps your pH where it should be.

I really like white sand, how does sand keep ph balanced?also isn't it difficult to keep clean?

Back
Top Bottom