Cichlid diet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok I'll do the before and after pics later when I feed. I'm interested in your thoughts. Also maybe it's the Thera A formula?

u said earlier it looks like your filter threw up, are u turning off your filter while feeding? my filter throws up green algae looking junk when the power goes off or during water change when the level gets to low and they restart.

bcurlacher54 said:
u said earlier it looks like your filter threw up, are u turning off your filter while feeding? my filter throws up green algae looking junk when the power goes off or during water change when the level gets to low and they restart.

Yeah by throwing up I meant its just a mess after throwing in the pellets. I'm gonna do the pics and even a video to show you exactly what I mean play by play lol...

I'll start the thread when I feed. Hopefully we can figure it out together or maybe it's just me. That's happened a few times lol. Either way we'll get to the bottom of this.

Convict2161 said:
Ok I'll do the before and after pics later when I feed. I'm interested in your thoughts. Also maybe it's the Thera A formula?

That's what I was wondering, but it's purely speculative since I have not tried the Thera A myself. Maybe try the smallest container of NLS Cichlid (not the small pellets) and see if it makes a difference.

Thera+A is not any different than the regular formula apart from having extra allicin (garlic). 3mm pellets are not small at all. I use 1mm pellets and most of my fish eat them. I could probably move up to the 3mm or so for my bigger cichlids but they are still eating the 1mm like candy so I just let them have at it. The 1mm thera+a pellets just sink to the bottom, if no one was eating them they'd just disappear amongst the substrate within a few seconds of dropping them in.

I think posting a video of what you are talking about it is a good idea so we can see what's going on.

Convict, you may be feeding too frequently. Whenever I feed mine, they don't even give the pellets a chance to sink. They eat it right off the top! I use NLS I think it's 1mm pellets. I realize you have TONS more fish than I do, but still you can always overfeed. Just a thought, but I also think you may be a little anal haha, no offense!! I respect you as a experienced aquarist.

haglagwr said:
Convict, you may be feeding too frequently. Whenever I feed mine, they don't even give the pellets a chance to sink. They eat it right off the top! I use NLS I think it's 1mm pellets. I realize you have TONS more fish than I do, but still you can always overfeed. Just a thought, but I also think you may be a little anal haha, no offense!! I respect you as a experienced aquarist.

No offense taken lol I know I am. My OCD is nuts. My wife tell me all the time baby this isn't the hobby for me lol. I'm always testing and grilling my tank making sure everything is in check and clean. I will try to cut back. Maybe I am throwing in too many pellets. And thanks for the kind words. I still consider myself a newbie.

Back
Top Bottom