cichlid food opinions needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use ocean nutrition Cichlid Vegie flakes. For african cichlids or veggy fish. i also use hiraki cichlid staple and for a treat they get Emerald Entree for Omnivores by San Francisco bay brand.

I rarely hear about anybody using beefheart's is it not a good fish food if not someone please explain because it's being sold in all of the major fish food stores. Thanks

I heard beef heart is bad for their digestive system. My oscars didn't care for it anyway. About all they want besides pellets is the bloodworms and live crickets.

Oh ok. Those are suppose to be the fish that like the beefheart's. And why would they sell it if it's bad for there system ? Thanks

With the beef heart, it isn't good for the Oscars. From what I understand, you don't want to feed anything from a warm blooded animal to a warm blooded fish. It is too much fat that builds up in their intestines and eventually makes their liver fail.

I feed mine pellets, fresh veggies that are well cooked like peas and carrots. They also get bloodworms and live crickets for a snack.

+2 on the NLS TheraA.
You can feed exclusively with a quality algae wafer or occasional fresh veggies.
You can do no better for your rift lake species as far as nutrition! IMO

I've fed my African cichlids nothing but NLS Thera-A and occasional veggies and they've always been very healthy, grow like weeds and are the brightest I've ever seen.

I've fed my African cichlids nothing but NLS Thera-A and occasional veggies and they've always been very healthy, grow like weeds and are the brightest I've ever seen.

Could you post pics of your fish? Would love to see !!

There's a thread "Let's see your Africans" where I have some pics posted. It's also where you can see everyone else's beautiful, bright cichlids! I guess I should say mine are only the brightest I've ever seen in person :)

Attachments

• image-4255915769.jpg
    image-4255915769.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 85
  • image-865937643.jpg
    image-865937643.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 82
  • image-3178822946.jpg
    image-3178822946.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 81
  • image-4156694237.jpg
    image-4156694237.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 91
What's the square thing the yellow one is eating.
Great looking fish by the way! I have never tried the veggies. I'll give it a over the next few days and see what they think.

Back
Top Bottom